In 2010, after a sizable acquisition of additional restaurant locations, we knew we needed more control of our lease obligations. We found our perfect solution with Property Works.
- A web-based solution which allows us access to lease information and documents anytime, anywhere
- Excellent, concise reporting with summary or detailed lease information exportable to Excel for further flexibility
- Management of our payables for base rent, CAM Charges, property taxes, etc.
- An intact lease chain of documents ready for any need that arises
- Assistance in reviewing landlord estoppels and advising areas of vulnerability before we execute and understanding landlord maintenance obligations
- Allowing us to store contracts, photos, franchise agreements and other documents in addition to our leases creating a “one stop shop” for information on each of our units
- A knowledgeable, efficient dedicated team of professionals that support our companies every day, with the ability to adapt to the specific needs of our company
One extreme example of their knowledge is Property Works’ review of a new property tax billing from one of our landlords against our lease obligation. Feeling we were being overcharged, they asked our permission to pursue this on our behalf. Their committed efforts resulted in the discovery of not only property tax calculation errors, but CAM overcharges in excess of $144,000, which we eventually settled with the landlord for $82,000.
Hospitality Restaurant Group, Inc.